Mainframe Defenders: Metldown
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
MAINFRAME DEFENDERS: Metldown - tactical retrofuturistic strategy game.
A computer virus has infiltrated the "Stargazer" research complex. Most of the robotic units are controlled by the virus. Lead a squad of 4 prototypes on a mission to defend complex mainframe. You'll have to repel assaults, destroy unit fabricators, download valuable data, clear infected nodes and do more on your way to deepest parts of the complex. Work with item limitations and drawbacks to build powerful combinations. Destroy your enemies with diverse tactics: overheat them, melt with corrosion, absorb damage and return fire. But don't rely on a single strategy too much - enemies might have a way to counter it. But above everything else: defend the Mainframe!
* RETRO STYLE: Graphics, inspired by 80s terminal PC with hybrid synthwave soundtrack.
* DIVERSE TACTICS: Cook enemy robots to death, bury them under your bullets, eliminate with a single powerful shot, or render your opponents useless with debuffs - this game is designed with a lot of viable strategies in mind.
* BUILD YOUR SQUAD: Similar to how in card games you have to build your deck, in MAINFRAME DEFENDERS you have to combine different items with unique abilities, to create an unstoppable squad. Work with item drawbacks or double down on them, creating flawed, yet powerful build!
* UNIQUE ENEMIES: Enemy squad won't sit idle, though. Each unit has its own role in the squad, and designed to counter certain strategies. Pick your targets wisely, or you will lose.
* PROCEDURAL LEVELS: Hand-made rooms are combined with procedural generation to create random levels. Missions have differing objectives, combined with unique mission conditions. Will you accept the challenge or avoid the unknown and risk to fall behind?
* PROGRESSION SYSTEM: Victory or defeat, the game is not over yet! Unlock new units, each with a unique set of upgrades and loadouts. Unlock new items to bolster your new strategies. Piece together the story behind the Stargazer incident.
“Mainframe Defenders is a slick, simple tactical roguelite”
PCGAMER / Jonathan Bolding
“Make sure to add this to the list of the best games of 2020”
Rubberchickengames / ANDRÉ MARRUCATE
“A kind of hybrid of XCOM, MechCommander and Syndicate(1993), made in the true style of retro games from the 80s”
VGTimes / Владимир Куншин
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Intel Celeron
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 200 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating syste
96,7 – STEAM
|Tags||Loot, Pixel Art, Robots, Roguelike, Roguelite, Synthwave, Tactical RPG, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Chinese (Simplified)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 1.3 Anniversary Content UpdateJun 21, 2021
- Mainframe Defenders 1.041 PatchMar 10, 2020
- Mainframe Defenders 1.04 Big Balance PatchMar 03, 2020
- Mainframe Defenders released!Feb 25, 2020
- Mainframe Defenders release dateJan 28, 2020
- Mainframe Defenders Demo 0.923 Patch notes.Jan 13, 2020
- Mainframe Defenders Demo 0.922 Patch notes.Jan 13, 2020
- Mainframe Defenders Devlog: Reworks and balance.Jan 10, 2020